ALICIA MASIULIS, MS, L.Ac, FABORM
My current mission is to use my knowledge to help other families overcome any underlying health factors that prevent them from getting pregnant and from having enough energy to enjoy their children and their lives. I had my children in my late 30’s so I understand the need for healthy people to address any subclinical health factors that could keep them from getting pregnant and achieving an energetic healthy life.
I use the tools that I have learned over the years to guide people back to their best and most vibrant selves. I love the integration of scientific research, nutrition, and herbal medicine that is currently happening. When I am not spending time with my family I am actively learning and taking classes to stay updated on how to best help my clients.
I grew up with a strong love of nature. In summers my family and I would go camping and I spent quite a bit of time backpacking on the North Shore of Lake Superior with my father. With this connection to nature I developed a strong belief in the body’s ability to heal itself and restore balance. During the 1990’s in the Midwestern United States there were not very many alternatives to conventional medicine. Although pharmaceutical drugs and surgeries are life saving in many situations I truly believed in the ability of the body to restore balance to itself. I wanted to provide an effective non drug solution to chronic health problems.
When I was 20 years old a friend recommended seeing an acupuncturist everyone called ‘the diet doctor’. I had acupuncture needles in my ears for the first time ever. The needles left me feeling calm and centered in way I hadn’t felt for a very long time. I changed my diet following his advice and a year later enrolled at Bastyr University, a natural health sciences school in Washington State.
That was over 20 years ago and my life has been rich with learning and helping people since then. I have been able to use what I learned over the years to give birth to two children in my late thirties and heal from a thyroid issue that began during pregnancy. In addition to Bachelor’s of Science in Natural Health Sciences and a Master’s of Science in Acupuncture, I have completed certificate programs in functional nutrition, fertility and pregnancy/ postpartum support, sports acupuncture and more. I love learning and take classes every year to stay up to date in my field.
My specialties include but are not limited to fertility, pregnancy, and postpartum support and pain and injury rehabilitation. In my spare time I enjoy being close to the ocean and mountains of Northern California. I’m still following a whole foods diet but now with two little cooking assistants.
My practice serves the greater Palo Alto area including Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Mountain View, Los Altos, Atherton and more.
CALL 650-605-7134 FOR AN APPOINTMENT OR CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE ONLINE
- Licensed Acupuncturist in California and Washington States
- Certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Graduate of Masters of Science in Acupuncture program at Bastyr University in June 2003
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Natural Health Sciences at Bastyr University in June 2003
- Completion of Certificate Program in Chinese Herbal Medicine January 2005 at Academy for Five Element Acupuncture
- Fellow of the American Board of Reproductive Medicine (ABORM)
- Completion of Comprehensive Fertility Program in Chinese Medicine with the Jade Institute in Seattle, WA
- Certificate of Completion of Acupuncture Sports Medicine Program led by Whitfield Reaves
- Certified as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist with NADA
- Functional Nutrition Training with Restorative Wellness Solutions
- Graduate of the Brenneke Massage School
- Certified in Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage Therapy with Kate Jordan
- Certified by the California Massage Therapy Council as a Certified Massage Therapist